Tuesday, February 17, 2009

This is why I can't have nice things!

(side note: Where the heck did that phrase originate??? I've researched it but can find no conclusive answer.)

"This" is in reference to my propensity to misplace things, or to lose them altogether. Today's item: a pair of half-jacket Oakley's. I wouldn't care so much, except for a few reasons:
1) I probably wore them no more than 15 times.
2) They were hellishly expensive.
3) I had always wanted a pair of Oakley's. That is stupid and silly, but it was a childhood fantasy.
4) I now feel the urge to buy another pair (of sunglasses, not necessarily the same ones).

Other things that I have lost, and the times at which said loss occurred:
- My favorite saree, junior year of undergrad.
- My favorite peacoat, senior year of undergrad.
- Two dogs at the same time (Well, by proxy, really. My dad was taking them to get shots, but he opened the back doors of the van when they started fighting. They both jumped out and ran off, never to be seen again.), last year
- My shot at the state spelling bee (and ultimately national) championship, 8th grade.
- My sanity, last semester.
- All hope, about ten minutes ago.
- Track of time, until just now.

Guess I'd better run. I mean, not literally. I need to run, but it's awfully late now, and I'd probably be kidnapped or at least mildly harassed/cat-called by some teenagers out for a late-night run to Sonic. Sigh. Children. I'm glad my friends and I are so much more mature, now. On that note, remind me to post the picture of Gogs scarfing down some "blazin'" BWW wings, much to the chagrin of anyone within slobber-/sauce-flinging range (i.e. ME). Because THAT is real maturity, folks. Chicken-chugging.

No comments:

Post a Comment